Customer success operations benchmarks
Customer success operations
Customer success operations encompasses everything from strategy, processes and planning, to analysis, communication, enablement and platforms. Customer success operations can and should be the steady foundation on which your customer-facing team members stand.
There is an uptick in the adoption of customer success technology.
- For the first time in four years, more than half of all CS teams are using customer success software.
78% of companies say they have adopted or will adopt AI in the next 12 months.
More than half of CS teams have a customer operations role.
Measurement is changing, with more emphasis being placed on churn rate and expansion revenue.
Customer success tech stack (2023)
Most used technology in customer success tech stack (2022 - 2023)
CS teams that have a dedicated customer success operations role (2022 - 2023)
Customer marketing role (2022 - 2023)
Customer success adoption of AI (2023)
- Customer Success operations 101: Drive productivity with purpose, people, and process
- The crucial nuance behind seven top Customer Success metrics for SaaS companies
- AI explained: an introductory guide to keeping up with Artificial Intelligence
- Reframing your thinking about generative AI
- Customer Success tech stack: research and outlook
- Crash Course in Customer Success and SaaS Metrics with Dave Kellogg (webinar)
Download the reports
About the Customer Success Leadership Study
Started in 2020, the Customer Success Leadership Study is the definitive report of the CS industry. This year, the report was brought to you by ChurnZero, ESG, SaaStr, and HubSpot. The study captures the insights of more than 1,200 CS leaders around the world, with details about CS budgets, team sizes, tech stack, AI usage, decision-making, renewal and expansion ownership, compensation, measurement, and collaboration. ChurnZero and ESG conducted the survey between May 23, 2023, and July 15, 2023. The survey was emailed to our respective databases of customer success professionals. It was promoted across social media and industry newsletters. All responses are voluntary, and all data is self-reported by participants.
The 2023 Customer Success Leadership Study is brought to you by