Get an authoritative picture of the trends, priorities, challenges, and best practices shaping Customer Success in 2023. This year, more than 1,250 CS leaders took part in the most in-depth study of our industry to date. Download the full study to get detailed insights on how your team measures up against customer success team size, budgets, renewal ownership and more.
- CS teams have embraced AI. 78% of companies say they have adopted or will adopt artificial intelligence (AI) in the next 12 months.
- There is an uptick in the adoption of customer success technology. For the first time in four years, more than half of CS teams are using purpose-built customer success software.
- CS team sizes and budget growth stagnated in 2023. 55% of teams reduced or maintained headcount, while 63% of CS leaders decreased or maintained their non-headcount budget.
- Economic uncertainty slowed progress. 65% of CS leaders are delaying purchase and business decisions for three to six months.
- Ownership of the renewal process is shifting slightly. The percentage of CS teams that own the renewal process is trending downward, with dedicated renewal teams picking up the difference.
- Face-to-face meetings with customers are still happening. 77% of all companies meet with some segment of their customer base face-to-face during the year.
- Key CS metrics and charters have shifted, with teams putting more focus on churn rate, renewals, and expansion revenue.
To get the full study, complete this form.